Superfast Northamptonshire project privacy notice
1 Council Contact Details
1.1 North Northants Council
41 Meadow Road
Tel: 0300 126 3000
2 Information that we hold
2.1 Information collected
- email address
- other contact details
- broadband connectivity status
3 How the information is obtained
3.1 Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you
3.2 There are a number of reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. Generally, we collect and use personal information where:
- it is necessary to meet our legal obligations (state relevant legislation);
- you have requested a service from us;
- you have entered into a contract with us;
- it is necessary to protect public health;
- it is required for the defense of legal cases;
- it is needed for employment purposes;
- you, or your legal representative, have given us your consent;
- you have made your information publicly available;
- it is necessary for law enforcement reasons and to prevent, and detect fraud or crime;
- we need to protect individuals from harm (in an emergency); or
- it is necessary for archiving, research, or statistical purposes. For these purposes your data would be used in a pseudonymised format (name and other identifying information replaced with a unique number).
4 What we do with the information
4.1 Purpose for processing
4.2 Agencies we might share the information with:
- Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK) and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Commissioned partners such as broadband infrastructure providers contracted by North Northamptonshire Council to help deliver Superfast Northamptonshire, other telecoms providers relevant in support of your connectivity enquiry, and technical consultants contracted to provide expert professional support to the project team
- West Northamptonshire Council
4.3 Automated decision-making is where decisions are made about you without any human influence on the outcome. These may affect your legal rights or have an impact on your circumstances, behaviour or choices.
4.4 Profiling is where you analyse parts of an individual’s personality, behaviour, interests and habits to identify their preferences, make predictions or decisions about them.
5 How long we keep your information for and how we securely dispose of it after use
5.1 We keep your personal information for all aspects of processing in line with the council’s retention schedules.
Contact details and enquiries may be retained securely by the project team, solely for the purpose of informing the Superfast Northamptonshire project and being able to respond to successor enquiries by individuals in an informed way, where these may arise during the lifetime of the project. Individuals have the right to access their information.
5.2 We will securely dispose of your information in line with retention periods.
6 How we store your information
6.1 Your information is securely stored on the council’s systems.
7 Your data protection rights
7.1 The law gives you a number of rights to control what personal information is used by us and how we can use it. Please see section 15 of the council’s Corporate Privacy Notice for further information.
7.2 Please be aware that your rights may differ depending on the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
7.3 The right to withdraw consent (if applicable). You can ask that we no longer use your details for this [processing/groups of processing]. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Data Protection Officer detailed in section 8.1 below.
8 Who to contact
8.1 If you would like further information about how we use your personal information, or you wish to exercise one of your data rights or you wish to complain about the use of your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
8.2 If you are still dissatisfied once you have contacted the Data Protection Officer, you have the right to complain to the ICO.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Completion and review dates
This privacy notice was completed on 26 March 2021.
The privacy notice review date is March 2022.