Apprenticeships privacy notice
1 Council Contact Details
1.1 North Northants Council
41 Meadow Road
Tel: 0300 126 3000
The following privacy notice applies to North Northamptonshire Learning and Development. The Learning and Development Service provides Apprenticeships opportunities to Levy paying employers.
As a training provider funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency we will endeavour to ensure all learners have seen the following ESFA privacy notice as part of their enrolment processes, as set out in Appendix F of ESFA ILR Specification 2021 to 2022.
2 Information that we hold
2.1 Information collected
- Contact details
- Disability/Additional needs
- Education/Qualification Information
- National Insurance
- Employment Status
- Residency Status
3 How the information is obtained
3.1 Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have enquired/ enrolled on to an Apprenticeship programme
- You have registered your interest in one of our Apprenticeships, or joined a waiting list and asked to be contacted about specific learning opportunities
3.2 Purpose for processing:
- Service delivery,
- Service improvement,
- To check eligibility for funding
- Provide information for our funders
4 What we do with the information
4.1 We use the information that you have given us in order
- To complete Individualised Learner Record (ILR) returned to ESFA to fulfil the statutory requirements of Apprenticeship Levy funding.
- To complete registration to Awarding Bodies and end Point Assessment Organisations and Exam boards to support learners pursuing accreditation
- To obtain learner destination and progression information to meet funding requirements
- To assess the effectiveness of service delivery in terms of:
- Fulfilling aims, objectives and requirements of key stakeholders such as Ofsted, ESFA, SEMLEP, NNC, WNC.
- Meeting the learning requirements of Levy paying employers
4.2 Agencies we might share the information with
- Skills Funding Agency
- Education Funding Agency
- Relevant exam boards linked to delivery of accredited provision
- Levy paying employer
5 How long we keep your information for and how we securely dispose of it after use
5.1 We keep your personal information for all aspects of processing in line with the council’s retention schedules.
5.2 We will securely dispose of your information in line with retention periods.
6 How we store your information
6.1 Your information is securely stored on the council’s systems in electronic format. The Council’s servers are based in the UK.
7 Your data protection rights
7.2 Please be aware that your rights may differ depending on the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
7.3 The right to withdraw consent (if applicable). You can ask that we no longer use your details for this [processing/groups of processing]. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Data Protection Officer detailed in section 8.1 below.
8 Who to contact
8.1 If you would like further information about how we use your personal information, or you wish to exercise one of your data rights or you wish to complain about the use of your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
8.2 If you are still dissatisfied once you have contacted the Data Protection Officer, you have the right to complain to the ICO.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
Completion and review dates
This privacy notice was completed on 17/03/2021.
The privacy notice review date is [7/03/2022.