School effectiveness privacy statement
1 Council Contact Details
1.1 North Northamptonshire Council
41 Meadow Road
Tel: 0300 126 3000
Work mobile: 07872148239
Email: [email protected]
This notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, how we use it and how we may share information that we hold about you in order to deliver our services. We are required to give you this information under data protection law. North Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. The Privacy Notice below explains how we use information about you and how we protect your privacy.
North Northamptonshire Council (NNC) complies with data protection legislation (the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is registered as a 'Data Controller'.
1.2 Who We Are
School Effectiveness is a statutory service that is focused upon the assessment and improvement of educational provision in order to:
- Increase the percentage of children and young people in Northamptonshire attending good and outstanding schools and settings.
- Increase attainment and progress outcomes at KS2 and KS4 so that they are in line with national data and match or exceed statistical neighbours.
- Close the gaps in attainment and progress for our vulnerable groups so that they are in line with or exceed national data.
- Ensure we provide ‘local places for local children’ across all parts of Northamptonshire and that our strategy addresses sufficiency, suitability, standards and parental preferences.
2 Information that we hold
2.1 What personal/identifiable information do we collect to deliver this service?
Please note that this service does not collect personal information regarding parents, carers or children
- Headteacher’s Name
- School contact details
- Improvement Adviser details
- Name of school
- Names of Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT’s)
We also may collect the following information (this lists are not exhaustive):
- Assigned professional/practitioner details
- Details of payments to schools
- DFE setting number
- Improvement Evaluation Report
- Maps of schools
- Ofsted Category
- Organisational reports
- Student numbers
- School category/status/age range/cluster/diocese/location
- Date of last Ofsted inspection
- Details School Improvement Grant Awarded
- Benchmark performance
3 How the information is obtained
3.1 How do we collect this personal information?
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Face to face
- All Schools Masters List
- National data portals eg DfE, Nexus
- Ofsted reports
- Fischer Family Trust
- NQT Manager
We will seek information from sources including:
- Other North Northamptonshire Council Departments
- Ofsted Reports
- Fischer Family Trust (FFT)
- Also includes School Place Planning, schools admissions, EIP Team, EHC Team, HR, Finance, Educational Psychologists, Virtual School, IASS
3.2 There are a number of reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. Generally, we collect and use personal information where:
What is the legal basis for the collection and use of your personal information?
We collect and use your personal information in order to:
- To enable service delivery
- To enable official reporting
The legislations that govern and direct the delivery of services is as follows:
- Education Act 1996, 2002
- Education and Inspections Act 2006
- DfE School Causing Concern Guidance September 2020
- DfE NQT Induction Statutory Guidance April 2018
- Education Inspection Framework (EIF) September 2019
4 What we do with the information
4.1 For what purpose is this personal information collected?
- Service delivery
- Service improvement
- Service Planning/Research
- Perform a Statutory Duty
How we use this personal information?
- To discharge statutory duties in regards to school effectiveness
- To assess Newly Qualified Teachers against national standards
- To assess effectiveness of monitoring and improvement activity
4.2 Who we may share your information with
If required and lawful to do so under the applicable legislation, we will share your information with other North Northamptonshire Council (NNC) departments such as:
- Early Years
- Education Inclusion
- School Governance
- Virtual School
We may also share your information outside of NNC with the following organisations (this list is not exhaustive):
- West Northamptonshire Council
- Department for Education
- Regional Schools Commissioner
Why do we share this information?
In order for the service to fully carry out its legal duties and to deliver its service it is a necessary requirement to share this information.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
5 How long we keep your information for and how we securely dispose of it after use
5.1 How long will your personal information be held?
We keep your personal information for all aspects of processing by the School Effectiveness Team in line with the council’s retention schedules.
The information will only be used for the purposes stated when it was collected. Information will not be sold, rented or provided to anyone else, or used for any other purpose than that for which it was originally collected unless required to by law.
|Category of Information||Retention Period|
|Records relating to NQT’s||Retain for 10 years|
|All records relating to the development and implementation of school performance and assessment reports||Retain from year records created for 5 years.|
|All records relating to the development and implementation of school development plans||Retain from date plan superseded for 6 years.|
|All records relating to the development of school curriculums||Retain from date curriculum superseded for 6 years.|
5.2 We will securely dispose of your information in line with retention periods.
6 How we store your information
6.1 Your information is securely stored on the council’s systems in electronic format. The Council’s servers are based in the UK.
7 Your data protection rights
7.2 Please be aware that your rights may differ depending on the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
7.3 The right to withdraw consent (if applicable). You can ask that we no longer use your details for this [processing/groups of processing]. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Data Protection Officer detailed in section 8.1 below.
8 Who to contact
8.1 If you would like further information about how we use your personal information, or you wish to exercise one of your data rights, or you wish to complain about the use of your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Or you can write to:
Data Protection Officer
North Northants Council
8.2 If you are still dissatisfied once you have contacted the Data Protection Officer, you have the right to complain to the ICO.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
9 Changes to this privacy notice
9.1 Privacy notices are live documents, which will be updated or revised in line with legislation.
Last updated 29 April 2022