Local land charges privacy notice
1 Council Contact Details
1.1 North Northants Council
41 Meadow Road
Tel: 0300 126 3000
1.2 Include the service area contact details if a shared mailbox.
Each area office within the has its own shared mailbox as follows:
- Corby Office – [email protected]
- Kettering Office – [email protected]
- Thrapston Office – [email protected]
- Wellingborough Office - [email protected]hants.gov.uk
2 Information that we hold
We currently collect and process the following information for functions carried out by our Local Land Charge Service:
- names, addresses and contact details (phone numbers and email addresses) of:
- public contributors
- property or site details
3 How the information is obtained
3.1 Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you or your representative for one of the following reasons:
- as part of a Local Authority Search request for information
- to inspect the Local Land Charge Register
- to make an enquiry, request or complaint relating to Land Charge matters
- to make application for a registration in the Local Land Charge Register
3.2 There are a number of reasons why we need to collect and use your personal information. Generally, we collect and use personal information when:
- it is necessary to meet our legal obligations set out in law
- you have requested a service from us
- you, or your legal representative, have given us your consent
The legislation which supports this processing is:
- Land Local Land Charges Act 1975 and the Local Land Charges Rules 1977
4 What we do with the information
4.1 We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- process Local Authority Search request for information
- inspect the Local Land Charge Register
- enter Local Land Charge registrations in the Local Land Charge Register
- process enquiries relating to Local Land Charge matters
Failure to provide data:
- such as the applicant name or other relevant information will mean your application cannot be processed
4.2 Information may be shared in the following circumstances:
Internally with any other department and only with external third parties that hold information in order to answer your enquiry
For public viewing of the Local Land Charges Register
5 How long we keep your information for and how we securely dispose of it after use
The data may be stored in various ways and this will affect the length of time the council keep your data
5.1 If the data is held for the purpose of access to CON29 information on the document management system, the council will keep any personal information (name, address, contact details,) requested and any voluntary information you have provided, indefinitely. This is because the document management system does not allow the authority to impose a retention period
If the data is held for the purpose of access to CON29 information on paper files, this will be retained for a period of 7 years.
If the data is held for the purpose of creating a registration in the Local Land Charge Register, this will be held indefinitely.
5.2 We will securely dispose of your information in line with retention periods and our data protection policy.
6 How we store your information
6.1 Your information is securely stored electronically on the council’s systems. Hard copy files are also maintained and held in a secure environment.
7 Your data protection rights
7.1 The law gives you a number of rights to control what personal information is used by us and how we can use it. Please see section 15 of the council’s Corporate Privacy Notice for further information.
7.2 Please be aware that your rights may differ depending on the lawful basis for processing your personal data.
7.3 The right to withdraw consent
7.3.1 You can ask that we no longer use your details for keeping in contact with you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the Data Protection Officer detailed in section 9.1 below.
8 Who to contact
8.1 If you would like further information about how we use your personal information, or you wish to exercise one of your data rights or you wish to complain about the use of your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer.
8.2 If you are still dissatisfied once you have contacted the Data Protection Officer, you have the right to complain to the ICO.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number:0303 123 1113
Completion and review dates
This privacy notice was completed on 25 March 2021
The privacy notice review date is 25 March 2022