Meet our Hi Street stars
- Meet our stars
- Wine Chateau, Wellingborough and Hilly Horton Home, Thrapston
- Jamie’s Quality Butchers, Kettering and The Sugar Barn, Burton Latimer
- The Birdcage Hair Salon, Burton Latimer and Bumble and Twig, Oundle
- Crystelle Belle, Rushden and Auburn Fox, Thrapston
- Eden Wild, Chester House estate and The Dog House Grooming Salon, Wellingborough
- Butterwick, Corby and Olive Restaurant and Bar, Corby
- Julietta Arden-Taylor Photography, Kettering and Food for Thought, Wellingborough
- Kolaine Beauty Lounge and Glendon Lodge farm
- Artful Duck - Raunds
- Wendy Lou’s Tearoom - Desborough
- Millers Yarns and Crafts - Higham Ferrers
- Luke Williams Hair Design - Thrapston
- Hygeia Pilates and Wellness - Kettering
- D Summers and Son - Irthlingborough
- Crystal Tips Nail and Beauty Bar - Kettering
Wendy Lou’s Tearoom - Desborough
Let’s take a trip to Desborough today to introduce you to Lucy, the brilliant owner of Wendy Lou’s Tearoom, a traditional and pretty vintage café which you can find on Station Road in the town.
This charming little café is perfect for tea and coffee drinking enthusiasts as well as those looking for a lovely breakfast, lunch or freshly baked sweet treat. It’s full of flavour and when you step inside, you’ll be greeted with a big smile from Lucy who has an amazing rapport with her customers. It’s clear she has built her business with love, passion, and care.
We visited on sunny day and Wendy Lou’s Tearoom was bustling with visitors taking time to relax, soak up the vintage décor, and enjoy the delicious homemade food and drink on offer at this pretty gem of a tearoom. There’s lots on the menu and we were spoilt for choice deciding what to have for our alfresco lunch!
Lucy welcomed us to the tearoom and helped set the scene for the filming session, providing delicious coffee paired with a tasty bite, and our volunteer Tyler delivered his poem lines in style with the sun beaming down on him.
Wendy Lou’s Tearoom is a family business dedicated to Lucy’s mum and we love the sentiment behind it, the place is a real treasure in the local community. You can dine-in or take-away and we’ve heard that Lucy’s freshly baked sausage rolls are well worth a trip to this pretty vintage escape!
Let’s come together and support our lovely local businesses. Grab a friend and make a date with Wendy Lou’s Tearoom today because every sip and every bite you buy from businesses like this makes a big difference to them and strengthens your local community.
Last updated 17 August 2023