Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Make a re-use of information request

The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 allows people to apply to re-use information held by various public sector bodies after receiving the information through a FOI or EIR request or via our website.

'Re-use' means: using the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the document was originally produced. This could include a commercial purpose.

You can read, quote or make reference to the information provided via the council's website or through information requests.

However if you wish to copy, publish or re-use it for any purpose including commercial purposes, you must contact us to obtain our permission under the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations and if you copy, publish or re-use it without permission you are breaching copyright.

The Regulations cover information produced, held or disseminated by a public sector body within a public sector body’s public task.

Some public sector body information is excluded under the Regulations.

For example:

  • information for which the copyright is held by a third-party (e.g. Ordnance Survey Maps used within 'In My Area')
  • information that falls outside the scope of the public task of the public sector body (it is possible that the council will hold some information that is not part of its public task - if so, this would not be covered)
  • parts of documents containing only logos, crests or insignia
  • information that contains personal data that must be protected (Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR)
  • information exempt from disclosure under information access legislation such as the Freedom of Information Act or Environmental Information Regulations

There is no charge for a request.

You do not need to make a request if we have already made the information available under the Open Government Licence (OGL), which would be stated alongside the information, but you must follow the terms of the OGL.

How to make a request

You can make a request for any recorded information held by the council by emailing [email protected] or by post.

North Northamptonshire Council is a newly established organisation combining the previous district and borough councils of Corby, Kettering, East Northamptonshire and Wellingborough along with Northamptonshire County Council.

If your request relates to a prior district or borough council service please indicate which geographic area your request relates to in order to help us respond promptly with the relevant information. If you do not state either the geographic area or North Northamptonshire as a whole we reserve the right to clarify this before proceeding with your enquiry.

Once we receive your request to re-use information, we will respond within 20 working days. This may be extended if the request is extensive or complex.

A request can be refused if:

  • the activity of supplying the document is one which falls outside the council’s public task
  • the document contains content in which copyrights are owned by a third party
  • the content of the document is exempt from access by virtue of the FOIA

All email requests will receive an automated acknowledgement.

Unless clarification is required you will not normally hear back from the council until the information you have requested is released or until your re-use request is responded to.

Why information is on a different website
We are in the process of adding information to this new unitary council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need. Read more about the council changes.

Last updated 30 September 2021