Gambling or gaming permits and notifications

Alcohol licensed premises gaming machines

You'll need an alcohol licensed gaming machine permit if you want to provide more than 2 category C or D gaming machines

You'll need to submit a notification if you want to have no more than 2 category C or D gaming machines.

Your premises will need hold an alcohol premises licence.


For prices, view our licensing fees and charges.

Before you apply you will need to: 

  • have appropriate supporting documents ready
  • have the correct fee ready to pay

Please contact our Licensing team for an application form at [email protected].


Once you have completed your application form please pay the application fee. Your application will only be processed once we are in receipt of your application and payment.

Next steps 

We may grant or refuse an application for a permit having taken into account relevant guidance issued by the Gambling Commission.

If your permit is granted, we'll issue it as soon as possible. Holders of permits must comply with the Gambling Commission’s Gambling Commission's code of practice.

The permit remains in effect for as long as the holder continues to also hold the alcohol premises licence.


If you've applied for a permit, or a permit renewal, and have been refused, you can appeal to the Magistrates Court within 21 days.

While you're waiting to hear about your permit renewal, your existing permit will still be valid until you receive a response.

If your application is refused, your existing permit will be valid until the appeal has been determined.

Last updated 11 March 2024