Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Insurance for council tenants

If you are a tenant who rents, then your landlord does not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

Corby area

We use Royal Sun Alliance for the Corby area, who offer a Simple Cover policy which insures the contents of your home including cover for items such as:

  • furniture
  • carpets
  • curtains
  • clothes
  • bedding
  • electrical items
  • jewellery
  • pictures and ornaments

Cover can be added for optional extras such as hearing aids, wheelchairs, bicycles and personal belongings. You can also upgrade to a Simple Cover Plus policy which includes accidental damage.

We advise looking into different providers to make sure you choose the most appropriate policy for you.

For an Royal Sun Alliance application pack, please email [email protected].

Kettering area

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, we teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide the Crystal Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy for the Kettering area.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

Further information:

Last updated 17 April 2023