Community Safety Partnership
North Northamptonshire Community Safety Partnership (CSP) helps create safer places and works to protect vulnerable people from crime - something that the police can't do alone.
The CSP helps support this by:
- identifying and understanding the kind of community safety issues that North Northamptonshire is experiencing now, and is likely to, in the future
- setting out specific outcomes that will make a difference to people’s safety, lives and wellbeing
- deciding what actions it can take collectively, using shared resources to achieve those outcomes.
The partnership was created in 2018 by merging the four former CSPs for Corby, East Northamptonshire, Kettering and Wellingborough, which is made more effective with combined resources.
Legally, the following organisations are part of the CRP as ‘responsible authorities’:
- Local authority (North Northamptonshire Council and Northamptonshire Children’s Trust)
- Police constabulary (Northamptonshire Police)
- Fire and rescue authority (Northamptonshire Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner)
- NHS Northamptonshire Integrated Care Board (ICB)
- Probation service
To help make the area a safer place to live, work and visit, the CSP is also supported by:
- Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Registered providers of social housing
- Other NHS service providers (e.g. Kettering General Hospital)
- Voluntary sector organisations including support providers
- Community-based associations and groups
- Town and parish councils.
Last updated 17 April 2023