Wellingborough Local Plan (Part 2)
The Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2 was the first part 2 local plan to be adopted in North Northamptonshire. It was formally adopted by the former Borough Council of Wellingborough on 26 February 2019.
The Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2 is now formally part of the Development Plan for North Northamptonshire and supersedes the Wellingborough Local Plan (1999 ) and the Wellingborough Town Centre Area Action Plan (2009).
The Adopted Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2 can be viewed and downloaded from The Plan for the Borough of Wellingborough - Adopted - Keystone (objective.co.uk).
Following the adoption of the Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2 the Council intends to publish an interactive Proposals Map. During the period before the Proposals Map is available, please use the plans in Appendix D of the Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2.
The following policies in the Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2 have been determined as being strategic:
- Policy SS1 (Villages)
- Policy GI1 (Local Green Infrastructure Corridors)
- Policy GI4 (Enhancement and Provision of Open Space)
- Policy GI5 (Enhancement and Provision of Sport and Recreation Facilities)
- Policy E3 (Employment Outside Established Employment Estates)
- Policy H1 (Urban Housing Allocations)
- Policy H3 (Housing Needs for Older People)
- Policy H4 (Retirement Housing, Supported Housing and Care Homes)
- Policy H5 (Self Build and Custom Housebuilding)
- Policy H6 (Single Plot Exception Sites for Self Build)
- Policy R1 (Retail Hierarchy)
- Policy R2 (Neighbourhood Shops)
- Policy R3 (Local Impact Threshold)
- Policy TC1 (Town Centre Boundary)
- Policy TC2 (Primary Shopping Area)
- Policy Site 1 (Wellingborough East)
- Policy Site 2 (Wellingborough North)
- Policy Site 5 (Park Farm Way/Shelley Road)
- Policy Site 9 (Sywell Aerodrome)
The Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2 Adoption Statement and Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement are available on request from [email protected].
Hard copies of these documents are available for inspection at the Council Offices, Tithe Barn Road, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 1BN.
The office opening times are:
- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday - 8:30am to 5pm
- Thursday - 9:30am to 5pm
- Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
To view any of the documents that informed and underpinned the preparation of the Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2 or for details regarding the examination of the plan including details of the public examination hearings please email [email protected].
The subject line should read "Request a copy of supporting information for the Wellingborough Local Plan Part 2" and the message should state which information is being requested.
Last updated 15 August 2023