Competent persons registration scheme
A competent persons scheme member is able to certify their own work for compliance with building regulations instead of needing to submit an application to us. General advice, guidance and information is provided by LABC.
We must register works notified to us by those competent persons such as:
- Cavity fill installation
- Drainage or installation of new septic tank
- Electrical work in and around the home
- Flue or flue lining, fireplace or chimney replacements
- Gas installation
- Hot water storage system (vented and unvented)
- Micro-power generation (e.g. solar energy)
- Oil tanks
- Re–roofing work
- Solid fuel installation (e.g. wood burners)
- Window and door replacements
We do not hold any paperwork in relation to these works and therefore can't issue copies.
You can find out more and check if an installer is registered.
An initial notice application is a record of works carried out by an approved inspector.
We do not hold any paperwork in relation to these works and therefore can't issue copies. Please contact the approved inspector for copies and further details.
Competent person records
For information regarding Competent Person records in the Kettering area, please email us at [email protected].
Last updated 04 April 2023