Building control register

Copies of certificates

Copies of building control completion or regularisation certificates can be purchased by the current owner of the property or someone acting on their behalf (e.g. a solicitor). Please refer our fees and charges for costs or contact us.

To obtain a copy of a building regulation approval, rejection or completion certificate you will need to contact us by email or letter confirming that you are the current owner of the property or act on their behalf and state which documents you would like to request copies of.

Prospective purchasers or neighbours only have access to the information available below.

Online register

Find out if any building control applications have been made for a property or find out information relating to a building control application reference number by selecting your local area below.

Building regulation applications, plans, construction drawings and design information relating to a property is confidential information that we can't disclose.

Errors or omissions

Information available is incomplete and is limited prior to 1993. It must not be used as a substitute for carrying out a formal local land charge search.

No responsibility is taken for any errors or omissions in the building regulations history information. The information available online does not constitute a formal notification of a building regulations decision. Any actions undertaken as a result of the information available are entirely at your own risk.

Corby area

Information needs to be requested by emailing [email protected].

Kettering area

Our Building Control Register is updated every Monday.

East Northamptonshire and Wellingborough areas

Applications ending with IN, INX, INW or INDEX are administered by an outside body (e.g. the NHBC or an Approved Inspector). Enquiries should be sent to the seller or approved inspector as the council does not hold these records.

Applications beginning with CPS, CF, EP, GP, OIL, SF, WF are competent person scheme notifications. We don't hold copies of these certificates as they are available from the competent person's scheme.

Select your local area's building control register:

If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of West Northamptonshire.

Last updated 20 May 2024