Building control team and guidance

Local authority building control is the leading building control provider across the country. We're here to work with you and offer a reliable, efficient and friendly service to achieve building regulations compliance:


  • Anglian Water: Building over or near a public sewer
  • The Construction Industry Council Approved Inspectors Register: Information about approved inspectors, together with their expiry dates for CIC registration and PI insurance
  • HM Land Registry: Registers the ownership of land and property in England and Wales
  • LABC: The national representative body for Local Authority Building Control offering guidance and tips for homeowners and building professionals
  • LABC Front Door: Information for homeowners about building projects and things you should know about building regulations
  • Planning Portal: Information about building regulations, controllable work, the approved documents and exempt buildings as well as information about planning permission
  • Radon: Maps showing zones where radon protection measures are required to be included in construction
  • Submit-a-Plan: Provides an electronic application submission portal that can be used to submit building regulations applications.

Last updated 23 January 2024