Some collections in the Wellingborough area will be delayed this week due to limited crews.
What goes in which bin
We use different coloured bins across North Northamptonshire for loose recycling:
- Corby area: Blue and brown
- East Northamptonshire area: Black with a green lid
- Kettering area: Blue
- Wellingborough area: Green
Recycling should be loose and not bagged. We will take extra recycling if it is in an open cardboard box or clear bag, placed next to your recycling bin in dry conditions.
- cardboard (including card packaging, cereal boxes, greetings cards)
- glass (clean and empty bottles and jars)
- metal (clean cans, small metal items, emptied aerosols, clean takeaway trays, foil)
- paper (letters, envelopes, newspapers, magazines and catalogues, non-foil wrapping paper, shredded paper should go into the general refuse bin or composted at home)
- some plastic (squashed plastic bottles, yoghurt pots, margarine tubs, food trays and punnets).
We don't accept:
- cellophane, plastic wrapping or foil gift wrapping
- cling film
- crisp packets
- electrical goods
- food waste
- plastic bags
- rigid plastics such as plant pots or toys
Last updated 16 September 2022