What goes in which bin
We accept the following items in your general refuse bin:
- cat and dog waste (bagged and tied)
- cling film
- food waste (Use your food waste collection in the Corby and East Northamptonshire areas)
- nappies or pads (triple wrapped)
- plastic bags
- vacuum cleaner contents
- other non-recyclable materials.
We won't take any side waste or extra bags and the lid must be closed. If the bin is too heavy, it can't be emptied by the lorry.
We don't accept:
- car parts
- electrical goods
- garden waste, soil or turf
- hot ashes or bbq waste that could cause a fire
- light bulbs
- stone or rubble.
Last updated 27 July 2023