Trading Standards bespoke business advice
We enforce many consumer laws to encourage fair, safe and honest trading. If you run a business we can provide you with advice and guidance to ensure you comply with Trading Standards laws.
There are different levels of support we can offer depending on the nature of your business.
Bespoke business advice
We can tailor advice to the needs of your business across the spectrum of Trading Standards legislation. Fees are charged on a cost recovery basis and a lower subsidised rate is available for non-VAT registered businesses.
However, many start up businesses and some small businesses may be eligible for some free advice to support your business.
How to get in touch
If you are interested in any of the above services, please contact us by completing our online form:
Primary Authority Partnerships
A Primary Authority Partnership is a contract where we provide ongoing advice and support on specific areas of regulation applicable to your business.
Apply to become an Approved Trader
Please visit Buy with Confidence for details on how your business can become an Approved Trader.
Signposting and self help advice
- Business Companion: Free, impartial legal guidance for businesses that sell goods and / or supply services to consumers, run by the Trading Standards Institute
- Business Support for New Business
- Northamptonshire Growth Hub: The UK’s first Growth Hub, supporting Northamptonshire businesses large and small
- Business advice from GOV.UK: Provides useful information for self employed and sole traders about starting up and running a business in the UK. There is also guidance available on legal requirements for specific products and services
- Government support for small businesses: At a glance access to Government business support from Business is Great Britain resources, including grants
Last updated 18 July 2022