Animal feed registration

Some feed and food businesses need to register for free with Trading Standards to meet ​regulations.

You will likely need to register if you:

  • manufacture animal feeds
  • market animal feeds
  • import animal feeds
  • store animal feeds
  • transport animal feeds and grain
  • sell co-products of the food industry as feeds
  • carry out on-farm mixing
  • feed food-producing animals
  • grow crops to be used as animal feeds
  • carry out other controlled activities


If you need an animal feed registration number, please contact us and we will send you an application form.


Only farms can apply online for an animal feed registration number.

Last updated 18 July 2022