Key dates and deadlines for primary school admissions
Prepare and apply: 10 September 2021 onwards
- Read the information on this website carefully
- Visit schools on open days and evenings
- Read school prospectuses
- Contact the Admissions Team if you have any questions
- Read schools' oversubscription admission criteria
Deadline for applying: 15 January 2022 at 5pm - closing date for applications
- Submit your preference form by the closing date
- Send your supplementary information forms (SIF) if applicable to the preferred school(s) in support of your application
- If we receive your application after 5pm on 15 January 2022 your application will be considered as a late application and will be processed in our additional rounds of allocation (see below)
Offers of school place: 19 April 2022
- Offer emails sent or view your offer online (online applicants only)
- Offer letters posted only to those that applied using a paper application form (by the closing date)
Next steps: 19 April 2022 onwards
We will assume you have accepted the allocated place unless you let us know otherwise (check the rules on acceptance directly with the school if you are offered a school place in another county).
Apply to join a waiting list by sending us an email or a letter or submit an appeal form for your preferred school if you wish.
We will not withdraw a school place solely because you are dissatisfied and decline the offer. We must have notice that your child has a school place elsewhere. This is because we have a duty to ensure that all children are receiving their education entitlement.
How we deal with late applications
Late applications are dealt with in rounds. Each round has a cut off for applications to be included in it.
The allocation process can take a number of weeks, depending on how many applications are received.
Emails will be sent to all late applicants who apply online. We will only inform parents of children on a waiting list if we are able to offer a place. Otherwise, their child's name will remain on the waiting list for the next round.
There is no need to contact us after completing a late application form - we will contact you once an offer has been made.
Additional rounds of applications (late applications)
Cut off dates for applications to be included in each round:
10 May 2022 (process starts 17 May 2022 and can take up to 4 weeks)
10 June 2022 (process starts 16 June 2022 and can take up to 3 weeks)
28 June 2022 (process starts 4 July 2022 and can take up to 3 weeks)
Applications received after 28 June 2022 will be processed as and when received during July - August 2022. Applications received after this will be processed according to our in year policy from the end of August 2022.
Last updated 06 October 2021