If you are interested in supplying goods, works or services to the Council you will find our advertised contract opportunities available on the Contracts Finder website. If you sign up for email alerts you can choose to be notified of any relevant opportunities that are advertised on the website.
We also use an e-tendering system to allow suppliers to submit quotes and tenders electronically for any of our published contract opportunities. You can sign up to receive alerts for opportunities as they are published.
If you are looking for sub-contracting opportunities, we publish details of all of our active contracts above £5,000 with details of awarded suppliers.
If you have been awarded a contract by the Council under £25,000 and have been sent a purchase order, our standard terms and conditions will apply.
All invoices should be addressed to North Northamptonshire Council.
Compliant Invoice Checklist
- Your full company name, address, and contact details
- Invoice date to ensure our system calculates your invoice due date correctly
- A unique invoice number which we will be recorded on our system and quoted on your remittance advice or during any other correspondence with you
- A valid ERP Purchase Order Number for the goods and/or services you are invoicing for on the invoice. The correct North Northamptonshire Council PO number will have 11 digits and start with 3120XXXXXXX and must be clearly specified on the invoice
- Your bank details including sort code and account number where you expect to receive the payment for your invoice
- Full organisation name and address liable for paying the invoice eg North Northamptonshire Council
- Clear description of the goods and/or services provided
- Accurate quantities, price and amount due
- The date of supply (also known as tax point) if this is different from the invoice date
- A breakdown of the goods and/or service clearly showing the net price, the VAT rate, the VAT amount, and the total amount for each line on the invoice
Submitting your invoices
Please email all Purchase Order Invoices in PDF format to: [email protected]
Invoices must be submitted in PDF format and individually attached ie one invoice per each attachment but you can submit multiple attachments in one email. Invoices which are not submitted in PDF format will be automatically rejected and unpaid until you re-submit your invoice in the required PDF format.
We prefer to receive invoices via email but if you are unable to send them to us electronically, paper invoices can be posted to: Accounts Payable, Shire Hall OCT 1101, Castle Hill, Cambridge, CB3 0AP.
Non-Compliant invoices will be automatically rejected and unpaid until you re-submit your invoice in the required format.
If you have any queries regarding the outstanding invoice payments or you need to update your supplier record, please contact our Help Desk team via:
The Council is taking steps to prevent modern slavery in our operations and global supply chains.
This also applies to concerns about the actions of employees and councillors and external organisations in their dealings with the council.
The Whistleblowing Policy is applicable to the following groups:
- All employees
- All contractors working for the council on council property
- All suppliers to the council
Where possible the Council seeks to ensure that any issues that are raised through the Whistleblowing Policy are dealt with through the internal process outlined.
However, where an individual feels that the issue should be raised outside of the council, please view to Government advice on how you can do so.