Council tax recovery

Attachment of Earnings

We can recover council tax debt through an Attachment of Earnings orderrecovering what is owed directly from your earnings.

You and your employer will receive a letter confirming the liability order details and the total debt to be repaid.

Your employer will begin making the deductions on a daily, weekly or monthly basis depending on how you're paid, until the debt is settled.

Last updated 23 December 2022