Right to work for personal and premises licences

Soon, you may need to obtain an eVisa - replacing physical documents with an online record of your immigration status - to provide proof of your right to work in the UK.

UK Visas and Immigration is developing this digital immigration system and is replacing:

  • biometric residence permits (BRP)
  • biometric residence cards (BRC)
  • passport endorsements, such as indefinite leave to enter wet ink stamps
  • vignette stickers in passports, such as entry clearance or visa vignettes

Last updated 15 May 2024