The North Northamptonshire Greenway is a 16 mile network of green corridors for cycling and walking, running all the way from Higham Ferrers and Rushden to Irthlingborough.
- Blue line: Open for walkers, wheelchairs, prams and cyclists (*Woodford: foot only)
- Black dotted: Open for walkers, wheelchairs, prams, cyclists and horse riders
- * Woodford: Foot only
- ** Stanwick Lakes: Horse riders need to call 01933 625522 in advance if they need to park a horsebox
- Yellow star: Proposed and awaiting funding
- Red triangle: Proposed and awaiting planning and landowner consent
- Purple square: Under investigation
We are continuing to develop this fantastic asset to a wider area to connect communities, tourism, recreation and leisure sites. It will provide links to:
- create safer, off road routes to connect residents in the 12 towns in the area and new housing and commercial developments
- leisure, work, tourist attractions, recreation, education and heritage sites
- neighbouring towns such as Stamford, Market Harborough, Peterborough, Northampton, and into their cycle routes and greenways
We are working with a wide range of partners to deliver this including our Planning and Highways Teams, Nene Rivers Trust, Chester House Estate, Sustrans, Historic England, National Highways, Wildlife Trust, Natural England, Environment Agency, private landowners and others to continue development.
Last updated 08 March 2023