Ise Valley Strategic Plan
Developed by the River Ise Partnership, the Ise Valley Strategic Plan is a large-scale programme to enhance the quality of the valley’s natural environment and help improve its resilience to climate change.
- Develop a River Ise Linear Park that creates links and pathways for people and wildlife and augments connectivity from Wellingborough through Kettering and to Corby
- Mitigate climate change
- Contribute to natural flood management
- Minimise impacts on the catchment and provide net gains for biodiversity
- Improve water quality
- Create new green infrastructure as well as protect and enhance existing infrastructure
- Seek opportunities to develop sustainable tourism to give communities employment and income-earning opportunities.
We want to ensure that the Ise Valley plays a central role in North Northamptonshire’s sustainable and economic growth.
Last updated 06 December 2022