Deferred payment schemes for adult social care

Independent advice

If your savings and investment (capital) are over the £23,250 threshold, we would advise you to get independent financial advice. This will help you make the best decision about how to meet the financial commitments to cover your care needs now and in the future.

With specialist knowledge, they can assess your specific circumstances and make sure you are claiming all the benefits and allowances you are entitled to.

Some of the advice will be offered free of charge, but some services will have a fee - make sure you ask about this.

You can find a local reputable and verified financial adviser through the Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA). The government’s Money Advice Service also provides more information.

Last updated 15 November 2022