Examination into the Minerals and Waste Local Plan update
The Inspector wrote to the County Council following the Hearing Session in relation to the Site Allocation at Passenham.
- Inspector post hearing letter to Northamptonshire County Council - Passenham Allocation (PDF 55KB)
- NCC response to inspectors initial post hearing letter (PDF 308KB)
- Inspectors post hearing letter to NCC - Passenham Allocation (PDF 70KB)
Planning Inspector Jonathan Manning MA MRTPI has been appointed to undertake an independent examination into the soundness of Northamptonshire County Council’s Minerals and Waste Local Plan Update.
The Inspector’s task is to consider the soundness of the submitted Plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). The relevant soundness criteria are whether the plan is:
- Positively prepared - based on a strategy that seeks to meet objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements, including unmet requirements from neighbouring authorities where it is reasonable to do so and consistent with achieving sustainable development
- Justified - the most appropriate strategy when considered against the reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence
- Effective - the plan should be deliverable over its period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic priorities; and
- Consistent with national policy - the plan should enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the NPPF
The Inspector will take into account the representations submitted on the plan at proposed submission (final draft plan) stage as far as they relate to soundness considerations and whether the plan has met legal and duty to Co-operate requirements.
A number of informal debates will take place on the principal matters identified by the Inspector - these are termed hearing sessions.
Following the closure of the examination, the Inspector will prepare a report to the council with precise recommendations. These recommendations may include modifications to the plan to make it sound, if such a request is made by the council.
Guidance notes have been prepared by the Inspector to help people understand the process. Any queries people may have regarding the Examination process should be directed to the Programme Officer who will be happy to assist.
The Programme Officer
The Programme Officer, Ian Kemp, will act as the contact for any person who has an interest in the examination and as a liaison between the Inspector, Northamptonshire County Council and Representors.
He is an Independent Officer of the examination and works on behalf of the Inspector to organise and manage the administrative and procedural aspects of the examination process. Mr Kemp is the appropriate point of contact for any questions relating to timetabling or procedural matters. All statements related to the hearing sessions will also be submitted through him.
Hearing sessions venue and timetable
Hearing Sessions commenced at 10.00am on Tuesday 29th November 2016 within the Meeting Room of Northampton Museum & Art Gallery, Guildhall Road, Northampton, NN1 1DP and continued the following day.
A list of Matters and Issues for discussion together with a Draft Programme are available below:
- Matters and issues (PDF format 56KB)
- Additional Inspectors Questions (PDF 40KB)
- Final Programme (PDF format 42KB)
In response to the Inspector's Matters and Issues the following further written statements were received:
- Matter 1 Written statement - Natural England (PDF format 160KB)
- Matter 1 Written statement - South Northamptonshire Council (PDF format 480KB)
- Matter 1 Written statement - Northamptonshire County Council (PDF format 93KB)
- Matter 2 Written statement - South Northamptonshire Council (PDF format 13MB)
- Matter 2 Written statement - GRS Roadstone (PDF format 1.35MB)
- Matter 2 Written statement - Northampton Borough Council (PDF format 248KB)
- Matter 2 Written statement - David Adams (PDF format 264KB)
- Matter 2 Written statement - Northamptonshire County Council (PDF format 98KB)
- Matter 2 Written statement - Natural England (PDF format 144KB)
- Matter 3 Written statement - Bilfinger GVA for NDA (PDF format 72KB)
- Matter 3 Written statement - KTI Energy (PDF format 1.7MB)
- Matter 3 Written statement - Northamptonshire County Council (PDF format 107KB)
- Matter 4 Written statement - David Adams (PDF format 27KB)
- Matter 4 Written statement - Northamptonshire County Council (PDF format 79KB)
- Matter 4 Written statement - Natural England (PDF format 142KB)
- Matter 5 Written statement - Northamptonshire County Council (PDF format 60KB)
- Statement of Common Ground between Historic England and Northamptonshire County Council (PDF format 82KB)
Documents submitted during the examination
|18 August 2016||Plan submitted.|
|21 October 2016||Deadline for representatives to suggest additional matters for discussion.|
|11 November 2016||Potential participants to confirm whether they wish to participate in the discussions.|
|29 November 2016||Hearing sessions commence.|
In preparing the Minerals and Waste Local Plan Update the council both refer to and were informed by a number of documents which collectively form the evidence base for the Examination.
Last updated 24 May 2023