Healthy Schools Service
We are committed to empowering schools to improve the health and wellbeing of pupils, staff and the wider school community in order to enable all people to live healthy, happy and fulfilling lives.
We aim to:
- improve knowledge, understanding and skills around the benefits of eating well to inspire healthy, balanced food choices
- enhance the emotional literacy of children and young people, improve resilience and optimise their wellbeing
- improve enjoyment and knowledge of the benefits of movement, to increase physical activity
- enrich children and young people’s opportunities to learn about personal, social, health and economic education (PSHE), including relationships and sex education (RSE)
Healthy Schools Award
The Northamptonshire Healthy Schools Award is a set of evidence-based standards designed to improve the health and wellbeing of whole school communities.
It promotes a whole school approach to the following areas:
- mental health and wellbeing
- healthy eating
- physical activity
Our standards have been specifically designed and tailored to Northamptonshire, which makes it unique compared to other healthy schools awards.
Further support for schools
- advice and guidance
- resource ideas
- signposting to external partners
- staff health MOTs
- 'Talk Out Loud' participation group
- children’s mental health awareness day (10 February 2023)
- recorded workshops
How we can help
Our service is completely free for all schools across Northamptonshire. Register your interest and the advisor for your area will get in touch with you.
If you have any further queries please email [email protected].
Last updated 03 October 2022