Community Wellbeing Forums and Local Area Partnerships
Following the creation of Integrated Care Systems from 1 July 2020, one of the key areas of focus for the North Northamptonshire Health and Wellbeing Board is to support delivery of ‘PLACE’.
PLACE is a term used for a geographical area that sits under a local Integrated Care System where planning and service delivery of health, care and wellbeing services will take place.
In Northamptonshire, the national guidance has been implemented by proposing that the local Integrated Care System comprises of the following structure:
- System – NHS Northamptonshire Integrated Care Board and Northamptonshire Integrated Care Partnership
- PLACE – West Northamptonshire and North Northamptonshire Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Community – Community Wellbeing Forums
- Neighbourhood – Local Area Partnerships
Community Wellbeing Forums
In North Northamptonshire there will be 4 Community Wellbeing Forums:
- East Northants
These Forums will:
- play a pivotal role in informing and shaping the strategic priorities on behalf of the Local Area Partnerships
- support delivery of the Northamptonshire Integrated Care Partnership Strategy and Local Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy outcomes through the Local Area Partnerships
Membership of the Forums will be from statutory organisations, voluntary and community representatives, elected members and education.
Local Area Partnerships
Local Area Partnerships aim to ensure health, care and wellbeing services are better co-ordinated and delivered proactively for people at a local level.
There will be 7 Local Area Partnerships in North Northamptonshire with a population range of between 30,000 and 50,000 residents. A rural and urban Local Area Partnership will sit under each Community Wellbeing Forum.
Local Area Partnerships will be governed by Community Wellbeing Forums.
They will bring together elected members, residents, voluntary and community sector, and statutory organisations to:
- respond to identified local needs
- deliver outcomes from the Northamptonshire Integrated Care Partnership Strategy and Local Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy
These structures are currently developing and these pages will be updated as the Forums and partnerships evolve.
Last updated 26 January 2023