Community Wellbeing Forums and Local Area Partnerships
One of the key areas of focus for the North Northamptonshire Health and Wellbeing Board is to support delivery of ‘PLACE’.
PLACE is a term used for a geographical area that sits under a local Integrated Care System where planning and service delivery of health, care and wellbeing services will take place.
In Northamptonshire, the national guidance has been implemented by proposing that the local Integrated Care System comprises of the following structure:
- System – NHS Northamptonshire Integrated Care Board and Northamptonshire Integrated Care Partnership
- PLACE – West Northamptonshire and North Northamptonshire Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Community – Community Wellbeing Forums
- Neighbourhood – Local Area Partnerships
Community Wellbeing Forums
We have 4 Community Wellbeing Forums that are now meeting regularly:
- East Northamptonshire
- play a pivotal role in deciding the strategic priorities on behalf of the Local Area Partnerships
- support delivery of the Northamptonshire Integrated Care Partnership Strategy and Local Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy outcomes through the Local Area Partnerships
Forums are made up of statutory organisations, voluntary and community representatives, elected members and education services.
Local Area Partnerships
Local Area Partnerships help coordinate and deliver health, care and wellbeing services at local levels.
There are 7 Local Area Partnerships in North Northamptonshire, governed by Community Wellbeing Forums, and a rural and urban Local Area Partnership sits under each Community Wellbeing Forum.
They are made up of elected members, residents, voluntary and community sector, and statutory organisations to:
- respond to identified local needs
- deliver outcomes from the Northamptonshire Integrated Care Partnership Strategy and Local Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy
Our LAPs focus on improving health and wellbeing in the following areas:
- community transport
- engagement with youth
- looking at all the different health services and buildings that are available for use and making sure the community is aware of them
These structures are currently developing and these pages will be updated as the Forums and partnerships evolve.
Last updated 15 November 2023