Contracts and getting paid
If you have been awarded a contract and want to ensure your invoice is paid, we recommend you follow our invoice guidance to make it as quick and seamless as possible.
All invoices should be addressed to North Northamptonshire Council.
Compliant Invoice Checklist
- Your full company name, address, and contact details
- Invoice date to ensure our system calculates your invoice due date correctly
- A unique invoice number which we will be recorded on our system and quoted on your remittance advice or during any other correspondence with you
- A valid ERP Purchase Order Number for the goods and/or services you are invoicing for on the invoice. The correct North Northamptonshire Council PO number will have 11 digits and start with 3120XXXXXXX and must be clearly specified on the invoice
- Your bank details including sort code and account number where you expect to receive the payment for your invoice
- Full organisation name and address liable for paying the invoice eg North Northamptonshire Council
- Clear description of the goods and/or services provided
- Accurate quantities, price and amount due
- The date of supply (also known as tax point) if this is different from the invoice date
- A breakdown of the goods and/or service clearly showing the net price, the VAT rate, the VAT amount, and the total amount for each line on the invoice
Submitting your invoices
Please email all Purchase Order Invoices in PDF format to: [email protected]
Invoices must be submitted in PDF format and individually attached ie one invoice per each attachment but you can submit multiple attachments in one email. Invoices which are not submitted in PDF format will be automatically rejected and unpaid until you re-submit your invoice in the required PDF format.
We prefer to receive invoices via email but if you are unable to send them to us electronically, paper invoices can be posted to:
Accounts Payable: ALC2636
New Shire Hall
Non-Compliant invoices will be automatically rejected and unpaid until you re-submit your invoice in the required format.
If you have any queries regarding the outstanding invoice payments or you need to update your supplier record, please contact our Help Desk team via:
Last updated 17 August 2022