Protecting your business
Business Continuity Management (BCM)
BCM is a proactive approach designed to help organisations protect themselves by:
- identify potential threats
- assess the impact on their operations
- develop strategies to mitigate risks
- minimise disruption
- enabling a prompt recovery
Key benefits of BCM
Minimising service disruptions
By identifying potential threats and implementing mitigation strategies, businesses can reduce the likelihood of operational disruptions.
A well-developed BCM plan ensures that any disruption is as short-lived as possible, allowing for quick reinstatement of services.
Cost-effective risk management
Implementing BCM strategies can be affordable and straightforward, often proving invaluable when faced with unforeseen disruptions.
BCM is essential for all organisations, regardless of size, location, or industry.
How we can help
We can provide:
- expert advice
- guidance on developing and implementing effective business continuity plans
By adopting a comprehensive approach to BCM, business owners and leaders can protect their organisation's operations and ensure they are prepared to navigate disruptions successfully. Building and maintaining a resilient business is crucial to safeguarding your future and contributing to a stronger local economy.
We work with organisations and agencies that can further develop your business's resilience.
Contact us to talk about your requirements and how we can help you by emailing [email protected].
Business Continuity Resources
Resources tailored to support your business including:
- Our Business and Licensing page for a comprehensive understanding of the council's engagement with local businesses
- The National Cyber Security Centre website, where invaluable advice is offered to safeguard your business from cyber threats
- Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service’s website, where you can find expert Business Safety guidance designed to help and support businesses to maintain and improve the safety of their activities in and around the workplace
- A Business Continuity Management Toolkit available for download, kindly provided by HM Government
Last updated 01 June 2023