Child leaving your school to be home educated

Schools should let us know if a parent or carer has withdrawn their child from school to be educated at home.

Before you complete the form below make sure you have a copy to attach of:

  • parent’s letter informing you of the child’s home education
  • child’s registration certificate

If you think that there is a safeguarding risk to the child please refer to the protecting children guidance.

Last updated 12 February 2024