Join the library
You can either become a full library member or a virtual library member.
Full library membership
Full library membership is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Northamptonshire.
Full library members can:
- borrow 20 items for 3 weeks from all Northamptonshire libraries
- reserve items using the library catalogue and online resources
- download for free: eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- get free access to premium online subscription websites such as encyclopaedias and newspaper archives
To join, please visit your nearest library.
If you are under 18, you must have a parent or guardian present.
Dementia and memory loss membership
Anyone with memory problems such as dementia, traumatic brain injury (TBI) or a cognitive impairment will be eligible for a dementia and memory loss membership.
Borrowers with dementia and memory loss will incur no fees or charges and will be able to sign up to courtesy email reminders service, where a pre-overdue email will be sent 3 days prior to the return date of their books and again once their books become overdue, if they are not returned or renewed on time.
To join, please ask at your nearest library about a dementia and memory loss membership where the joining process will be quick and easy.
We also offer reading well books on prescription to help you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing.
Virtual library membership
To become a virtual library member, you must:
- live, work or study in Northamptonshire
- have a personal email address
Virtual library members get free access to:
Once we have processed your form, your membership number will be emailed to you.
Last updated 12 December 2023