We offer 12 weeks of telephone support, with e-cigarettes and nicotine replacement therapy sent straight to your door. We can also offer face to face appointments in Corby and Wellingborough.
e-cigarettes are age restricted products and we can only provide them to those over the age of 18.
If you think you may wish to use an e-cigarette with us, please be prepared to prove your age during your first consultation. You will be asked to do this by emailing a photo of your ID to our secure inbox.
How we can help
Congratulations on taking the first step to a smoke-free life. Stopping smoking will help you feel better, and will almost immediately improve your health.
- a dedicated Stop Smoking Service, providing 12 weeks of free behavioural support
- tips and advice on how to stop smoking
- face to face and/or telephone appointments
- countywide clinics, with appointments available Monday to Friday
- a free course of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
- a free e-cigarette starter kit and 12 week supply of e-liquid
- champix pharmacy/GP referral letter (champix is currently unavailable due to a national supply issue)
Did you know that you are 4 times more likely to give up smoking with professional support, as opposed to going it alone?
Smoking in pregnancy
Stopping smoking during pregnancy is the most effective way of ensuring that your child has the best start in life. Although it can be tough to stop smoking, there is plenty of help available across Northamptonshire.
Cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals, many of which can prevent your baby from growing properly, and increase their risk of developing significant health problems.
The benefits of stopping smoking in pregnancy include:
- you will reduce the risk of complications in pregnancy and birth
- you will reduce the risk of stillbirth
- your baby is less likely to be born too early and have to face the additional breathing, feeding and health problems that often go with being premature
- you are more likely to have a healthier pregnancy and a healthier baby
- your baby is less likely to be born underweight
- you will reduce the risk of cot death, also known as sudden infant death syndrome
Nicotine replacement therapy
Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) contains only nicotine and none of the damaging chemicals found in cigarettes, so it is a much better option than continuing to smoke. It helps you by giving you the nicotine you would have had from a cigarette.
Although you can purchase NRT over the counter, we recommend getting it through a specialist service and combining it with behavioural support. We can provide you with up to 12 weeks of NRT alongside one-to-one behavioural support.
If you would like help to stop smoking please call us on 0300 126 5700 (option 2)
Last updated 23 November 2022