Brain injury

How we can help

We have 2 teams which specialise in helping people with brain injuries.

Our teams undertake visits to understand an individual's social care needs and investigate what support can be provided.

We also help people in the community in receipt of social care support and people in residential care by:

  • looking into safeguarding concerns
  • undertaking enquiries
  • completing regular reviews

The level of support an individual needs will vary, depending on their circumstances, but we may be able to help with things like:

  • a work placement
  • paid employment
  • a volunteering opportunity
  • access to leisure activities
  • new things to learn at college or through adult learning courses

How others can help

  • Headway East Northants, based in Irthlingborough, is an independent registered charity, providing specialist services for people aged 18 and over with an acquired brain injury
  • Community Brain Injury Service - for people aged 16 and over who have experienced a brain injury, they provide specialist assessment, rehabilitation and support with adjusting to living with brain injury, as well as offering support to families and carers​
  • Northamptonshire Healthcare continuing healthcare checklist - this screening tool helps identify individuals who may need a referral for a full assessment of eligibility for NHS continuing healthcare

How to get support

We can give you information, advice and guidance to help you remain independent. Where you may require additional help we can assess you to see if you have eligible needs or to review your current care package.

Get social care help

Get assistance with important decisions

You may be able to get a representative to assist you with your finances and other important decisions regarding your welfare.

Find out more about how someone else can help you with decisions.

Last updated 15 November 2022