Chester House Estate
The Chester House Estate is a nationally significant heritage site and one of the few places in the country which can demonstrate over 10,000 years of human activity.
"10,000 years of Northamptonshire’s heritage brought to life"
We oversee the estate and have a clear vision for it. Our offering includes:
- Free to enter heritage visitor attraction
- Archaeological resource centre
- Volunteer and community engagement
- Wedding and corporate venue hire
- Restaurant and café
- Events catering
- Artisan shopping courtyard
- Bed and breakfast offering
- Community farm shop
- Year-round events programme
- Outdoor play area
We want to make the Chester House Estate somewhere that people want to visit, a place that through education, learning and enjoyment adds value to lives and helps everyone appreciate Northamptonshire’s outstanding heritage.
Visiting the estate
The estate is situated just off the eastbound A45 between Wellingborough and Rushden.
If you are arriving by car, you must pre-book a car admission ticket (free of charge) before arriving.
Learning at the Chester House Estate
A high quality, unique and sustainable educational programme is delivered onsite. The team champion accessible education for all ages and communities, with a mission to provide the opportunity to engage with the Chester House Estate’s past, present and future.
Current education programmes include:
- The 10,000 interpretation offering
- Archaeological community digs
- KS1, KS2, KS3 History
- KS1, KS2, KS3 Geography
- KS4, KS5 Farm Business Diversification
- KS4, KS5 Media, Marketing and PR
- KS4, KS5 Placements and Internships
- KS4, KS5 Farm Management, Conservation and Animal Care
- University and college partnerships
- Adult, children and families workshops