Reading Friends is an innovative reading befriending programme administered by The Reading Agency, developed with funding from The National Lottery Community Fund, that tackles loneliness through the power of reading.
We aim to bring people together to read, share stories and have fun. We use reading - whether books, magazines, newspapers, or anything else - to start everyone chatting.
Everyone is welcome so come along, meet new people and share stories together.
You don't need to:
- be a library member to take part
- book beforehand
- read anything before the session
- Corby Library - Coffee and Chat group meets fortnightly on Tuesday afternoons 2:15pm to 3:30pm and is open to anyone
- Irthlingborough Library - Page Turners, meet every Wednesday 3:30pm to 4:45pm (aged 11 to 17, in term time only)
- Rushden Library - Group TBC, meet every Friday 4pm to 5pm (aged 11 to 17)
If you have any questions or would like to start your own Reading Friends Group, either in one of our libraries or at a different location, please email the library you are interested in or [email protected].
Last updated 19 January 2024