Some collections in the Wellingborough area will be delayed this week due to limited crews.
Business or commercial waste
All busineses need to ensure any waste that they produce is disposed of responsibly. Business rates do not cover the removal of waste and recyclable materials from your premises.
We operate a reliable commercial waste service. We can guarantee your waste materials will be dealt with legally and environmentally with minimal disruption to your business. Collections can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, you have responsibility to dispose of commercial waste correctly.
You must ensure that the person removing your waste is either from a local authority or a licensed waste collection company. You must also provide a written description of your waste on a Controlled Waste Transfer Note signed by yourself and the waste collector.
You must package the waste in suitable containers that are properly closed and secure.
If you don't do this, you may be liable to enforcement action being taken.
Typically, the commercial waste we collect consists of paper and cardboard, glass, plastics, small metal items, cans, biodegradable kitchen and canteen waste and mixed municipal waste.
We do not collect:
- hazardous or liquid wastes such as engine oil or cooking oil, acid, chemicals, paint, sharp objects
- clinical waste
- raw meat, other animal products or packaging contaminated by these items
- electronic equipment (WEEE)
If you have any unusual items for collection, contact us for advice on whether we can take them.
Bins and sacks
We provide different containers depending on the area:
- East Northamptonshire area: 90 litre orange sacks (one roll of 25 sacks is £86.70). We also provide binding tape to collect cardboard in bulk (one roll is £60.50)
- Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough areas: 240, 660 and 1,100 litre bins. We also provide 80 litre green sacks (contact us for quotes).
Depending on your area, we may be able to offer a separate recycling service.
If you use our service make sure:
- waste is secured properly in the right container
- never place broken glass or sharp items in plastic sacks
- food waste is suitably wrapped to prevent liquids leaking
- you do not obstruct the public highway with your refuse.
Please complete our form so that we can provide a quote. There are no hidden costs for Waste Transfer Notes, bin hire and we do not charge VAT.
Select the area your business is in to get a quote or order waste sacks:
If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of West Northamptonshire.
Last updated 23 September 2022