Electric car chargers
To help residents with on-street parking make the switch to electric vehicles, the Virgin Media Park and Charge project is installing on-street charging sockets in towns across North Northamptonshire.
Using existing Virgin Media street cabinets and ducts, on-street electric vehicle charging points have been installed by Liberty Charge and funded by Innovate UK:
- Higham Ferrers: Newman Street, NN10 8JP
- Kettering: Linnell Way, NN16 8PS
- Kettering: Telford Way, NN16 8PS
- Rushden: York Road, NN10 0RF
- Thrapston: Highfield Road, NN14 4PG
- Wellingborough: Castle Road, NN8 1LL
- Wellingborough: Knox Road, NN8 1JA
Each site has two charging points, capable of charging two cars each, totalling four bays. Two bays have been designated 'electric vehicles only' via a Traffic Regulation Order, but the remaining bays can also be designated at a later stage.
Each charging point is rated at 22kW/h – if two cars are charging from the same charge point, then they will each receive 11kW/h.
We want to hear from our residents on where charge points should be provided in the future, particularly on-street locations.
Existing charge points can be found on Zap Map.
Last updated 21 March 2022