Draft Order 1992
Draft Order 1992
The original notice for the below order ran between 12 October and 2 November 2023.
Unfortunately, due to an admin error, the incorrect email address for responding to the order was included. We are not able to access messages sent to the incorrect mailbox.
Due to this error, the public consultation has now been re-started, with the correct email, and will now end on 7 December 2023.
The correct email address is [email protected]. Anyone who submitted a comment to the previous email address will need to resubmit their feedback by 7 December 2023.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
North Northamptonshire Council Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
North Northamptonshire Council (George Street, Corby) (Prohibition of Driving) Order 20XX
North Northamptonshire Council in exercise of their powers under Sections 1 to 5 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 ("the Act") and of all other enabling powers, and after consultation with the chief officer of police in accordance with Part III of Schedule 9 of the Act, hereby order as follows: -
- Save as provided in Articles 2 and 3, no person shall, except with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or of a traffic warden, cause or permit any motor vehicle to proceed along that length of George Street, Corby from its junction with Cardigan Place for 100 metres north-bound to its junction with Everest Lane, between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday inclusive.
- Nothing in Article 1 of this Order shall render it unlawful to cause or permit any motor vehicle to proceed along the length of road referred to in that Article if the vehicle is a bus, hackney carriage private hire vehicle.
- Nothing in article 1 of this order shall render it unlawful to cause or permit any vehicle to proceed along the length of road referred to in that article, if the vehicle is being used for any of the following purposes and the vehicle cannot conveniently be used for such purposes in any other road:-
(a) police, fire or ambulance purposes;
(b) in building, maintenance, industrial or demolition operations;
(c) the removal of any obstruction to traffic;
(d) the maintenance, improvement or reconstruction of the said lengths of road;
(e) the laying, erection, alteration, removal or repair in or on land adjacent to the said lengths of roads of any sewer or of any main, pipe or apparatus for the supply of gas, water or electricity or of any communications equipment;
(f) in the service of a local authority or of a water company in pursuance of statutory powers or duties;
(g) in connection with any wedding or funeral at or near any premises situated on or adjacent to the length of road;
(h) the collection of refuse by authorised refuse vehicles;
(i) the collection or delivery of goods to any premises adjoining the said length of road;
(j) to gain access to or from any premises or land situated on or adjacent to the said length of road.
- The Order known as ‘The Northamptonshire County Council (George Street, Corby) (Prohibition of Driving) Order 2011’ is hereby revoked in its entirety.
- This Order may be cited as “North Northamptonshire Council (George Street, Corby) (Prohibition of Driving) Order 20XX” and shall come into force on xxx xxxx xxxx.
Executed as a deed by affixing the common seal of North Northamptonshire Council on the X day of X in the presence of:
Last updated 16 November 2023