Wreaths laid in memory of HM Queen Elizabeth IIYour council
10 September 2022
Wreaths were laid by civic leaders today in the Memorial Gardens at Northampton's All Saints Church, in memory of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.Wreath laying in Northamptonshire
The event took place this morning when wreaths were laid by civic figures including:
- James Saunders Watson, HM Lord-Lieutenant of Northamptonshire
- Dominic Hopkins DL, Under Sheriff of Northamptonshire
- Councillor Larry Henson, Chairman of North Northamptonshire Council
- André Gonzalez De Savage, Chairman of West Northamptonshire Council
- Councillor Dennis Meredith, Mayor of Northampton
Members of the public have also been invited to lay their own wreaths and other floral tributes as Northamptonshire mourns the country’s loss.
For so many years Her Majesty laid wreaths in remembrance of those who fell in defence of our country, so it is fitting that we should remember her in this way too.James Saunders Watson, HM Lord-Lieutenant for Northamptonshire and the King’s representative in the county
She was a magnificent example to us all and will be sorely missed, and I’m sure that many people will also wish to remember her in their own way.