Community grants available to help transform lives across North Northants in 2023Communities, assets and grants
11 January 2023
Voluntary and community groups who are looking for a funding boost to kickstart a project in 2023 are being encouraged to apply for small grants to help improve the lives of residents in North Northamptonshire.
Funding of up to £5,000 is being made available by North Northamptonshire Council.
The second funding round is currently open:
- Grants up to £2,500 – deadline 6 February 2023
- Grants of between £2,500 and £5,000 – deadline 6 February 2023
The scheme is open to community and voluntary sector organisations, registered charities and not-for-profit organisations, with priority given to projects that support the council’s key priorities and the strategic aims.
The council’s six key priorities are:
- Active, fulfilled lives – helping people live healthier, more active, independent and fulfilled lives.
- Better, brighter futures – caring for young people, providing them with a high-quality education and opportunities to help them flourish.
- Safe and thriving places – enable a thriving and successful economy that shapes great places to live, learn, work and visit.
- Green, sustainable environment – taking a lead on improving the green environment, making the area more sustainable for generations to come.
- Connected communities – ensuring our communities are connected with one another so they are able to shape their lives and areas where they live.
- Modern public services – providing efficient, effective and affordable services that make a real difference to all our local communities.
Examples of suitable applications could be a project encouraging wildlife in a local pocket park or sports and play equipment for a community group.
Any groups that want to find out more, including available funding and criteria for applying can do so via the council’s website.
Alternatively, you can email [email protected] for more information.
Members Empowerment Fund
NNC’s grant scheme, known as the Member Empowerment Fund, is open to applications all year round.
Each councillor is allocated yearly funding for small community-based projects up to £2000. Money can be awarded to parish or town councils, community groups, voluntary organisations and charities working in North Northamptonshire. This allows members to be innovative in formulating proposals for the benefit of residents in their wards.
Applications must be made by a ward member.
If you need some financial help to make your project a reality and think it might be suitable Member Empowerment Fund grant, you should talk to your local North Northamptonshire Council Councillor who can submit an application.
Organisations cannot apply for both the Community Funding and Members Empowerment Fund at the same time.