Chief Executive set to depart for new roleYour council
27 March 2023
The Chief Executive of North Northamptonshire Council, Rob Bridge, is set to depart this June for a new top role at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
Rob started his role in November 2020 with the North Northamptonshire Shadow Authority in preparation for the new unitary council which came into existence in April 2021. Rob has had the honour of being the first Chief Executive of North Northamptonshire Council and has overseen the successful implementation of a wide range of projects and initiatives including:
- Ensuring a safe operational transition from the previous two-tier local government arrangements to the new unitary authority.
- Putting in place a new, highly motivated leadership team for the council, whilst at the same time, reducing costs of senior management to the tune of £2.2 million per annum compared to the previous council management team arrangements.
- Supported council members in defining a vision for the future, a set of values and key commitments for the council and a corporate culture focused on making the council a future employer of choice and provider of good public services.
- Worked with senior colleagues and members to ensure the council has a firm grip of its financial and service performance. The council has set three balanced budgets and has delivered savings of £27 million over the last two years with £15 million identified for the year ahead.
- Under Rob’s leadership as Chief Executive, the council has made excellent progress in its ambitious modernisation programme to ensure services are delivered in the best way possible for local residents, businesses and communities.
I am grateful to Rob for all his work since becoming the council’s first chief executive.Cllr Jason Smithers, Leader of North Northamptonshire Council
Being the council’s first Chief Executive was always going to be a challenge, which Rob has grasped with enthusiasm and determination.”
I am pleased for Rob and wish him the best in his new challenge. He leaves the council in an excellent position to seek a new Chief Executive who can continue our journey of improving public services for our residents and businesses, who are the focus of everything that we do.
It has been an absolute honour to be the Council’s first Chief Executive. I am moving to another very challenging role but I will always have the fondest of memories for North Northamptonshire, its local communities, staff and elected members.Rob Bridge, Chief Executive
The council will be considering a report on the process of recruiting an interim Chief Executive when it next meets.