Renovation grants are discretionary grants to help vulnerable households on low incomes to carry out repairs and improvements to their home.
This type of grant is subject to funding available. The maximum grant available is £10,000.
Renovation grants are subject to a 30-year grant condition period.
This grant is means tested, so the applicant must either be in receipt of a means tested benefit below or undergo a financial means test to determine eligibility:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit with assessed income less than £15,050
Work it can be used for
- To prevent a category 1 hazard in a dwelling as defined in Part 1 of the Housing Act 2004 and category 2 hazards where they may be encountered by a member of a vulnerable group
- Providing affordable warmth by improved thermal insulation and efficient heating systems – where other funding is not available
- Improving safety within the home.
Please contact us for further information and to apply.
Last updated 24 November 2022