Fishing at Fermyn Woods Country Park
Fermyn Woods Country Parks Big Pit Pond was formed as a result of sand quarrying and has a number of purpose made fishing platforms.
The stock of roach, rudd and carp make it an ideal venue for young and beginner anglers. The pond is small and sheltered and is well suited to float fishing techniques.
Getting a ticket
Fishing is available on day tickets only. Coarse fishing day tickets are available from the Big Pit Pond in Fermyn Woods Country Park.
Tickets must be purchased before you start fishing and are available at any time on a self-serve basis from the ticket box next to the men's toilets.
Day only ticket (Dawn to dusk) - £2.50
Under 16 years old - Free
Car parking charges apply at all times - please ensure you purchase and display a valid ticket for the duration of your stay.
Fishing is by day a ticket only and these must be obtained in advance from the ticket box next to the gents' toilets.
Due to the small size of the pond only 3 tickets a day are available and are sold on a first come first served basis.
- Fishing is permitted all year (no close season) between dawn and dusk
- Anglers 12 years and older must carry a valid rod licence, which must be shown on request
- Anglers under the age of 12 must be accompanied by someone over the age of 18
- Anglers must not cut or trample bank side vegetation and only fish from pre-prepared swims
- Anglers may fish from the disability access swim but must move if requested to do so by a disabled person
- Anglers are permitted to fish with one rod only
- Only barbless hooks are to be used
- To protect water quality, the use of boilies and ground bait is not permitted and all spare bait must be taken away at the end of the day
- All fish caught must be returned, alive, to the water immediately and the use of keep nets is not allowed
Anglers are responsible for any litter in their swim, even if it is not their own. All litter, including bait and tackle, must be removed from the park. Litter encourages rats, which could introduce disease into the water.
- maintains the right to ban any fishing method or bait it deems to be causing harm to fish or wildlife
- reserves the right to use any area of the lakes for its own purposes (such as pond dipping or conservation tasks) and to reserve areas of bank
- maintains the right to suspend all fishing and access to the park or certain areas of the park in extreme circumstances, such as a risk to public safety
Telephone: 0300 126 5933
Email: [email protected]
Last updated 17 March 2023