Early Education and Childcare advisers
We are advocates for all children of North Northamptonshire and believe that they should have the best start in life.
We are committed to ensuring that all young children have access to at least a good quality of education and care.
We believe that through the creation and development of strong, effective, and purposeful partnerships, we can work together with early years providers to promote high-quality provision for the children of North Northamptonshire.
Together with our providers we can:
- be child-focused
- act as champions for every child
- aspire to be our best, so every child can be their best
We recognise the importance of establishing strong foundations so that young children have the skills and knowledge required for success in their journey to adulthood and beyond, with no young child left behind.
Children are at the heart of what we do.
Statutory duties for the Local Authority
We are required by legislation to secure information, advice, and training for providers on the following matters:
- meeting the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- meeting the needs of children with special educational needs and disabilities, vulnerable and disadvantaged children
- effective safeguarding and child protection
For the following providers:
- those registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register who are judged less than ‘good’ by Ofsted in their most recent inspection report
- newly registered providers on the Ofsted Early Years Register awaiting first inspection
- those on Part A (the compulsory part) of the Ofsted General Childcare Register who are assessed by Ofsted as not having met the requirements of registration or the requirements relating to their activities
We can offer support to settings rated good or outstanding if there is evidence of need or for providers due Ofsted inspection.
We allocate all providers on the Ofsted Early Years Register a named Early Education and Childcare Adviser as a point of contact.
The support offered will be determined by the need of each provider based on current Ofsted judgements and / or where concerns or areas for development have been identified.
Together we will offer tailored support and advice designed to meet provider needs and raise quality to the highest standard.
If you want to get in touch with our service please email [email protected].
Sign up to our newsletter for all the latest updates online.
Last updated 21 August 2023