Financial help on offer for North Northants businessesBusiness support
13 January 2022
North Northamptonshire Council (NNC) are asking businesses that have been seriously impacted across the hospitality and leisure sector by the pandemic to come forward and apply for grant funding.
The new Omicron hospitality and leisure grant has been brought in by central Government in response to the Omicron variant and the impact it has had on businesses.
These grants differ from those offered earlier in the pandemic, in amounts available and eligibility criteria.
To qualify for this one-off grant, businesses must:
- be a solvent business
- be liable to pay business rates
- have been trading on 30 December 2021
- have an eligible business rates premises that is within the hospitality or leisure sector (such as a pub, hotel, restaurant, bar, village hall or club)
The grants will be paid per premises dependent on their rateable value (RV) on 30 December 2021 as shown below:
- Rateable value of £15,000 or under: £2,667 grant
- Rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000: £4,000 grant
- Rateable value of £51,000 or over: £6,000 grant.
We know life has been tough for many businesses across North Northamptonshire, especially those in the hospitality sector, and want to help as many as possible. I would urge anyone who think they qualify to check their eligibility and complete the online application form before 21 February.Cllr Lloyd Bunday, NNC’s Executive Member for Finance and Transformation
As a Council, we have a duty to support everyone though these difficult times. We know that these grants make a real difference and I hope that this round of grants can continue to be a helping hand to those who need it.Cllr Jason Smithers, Leader of NNC
Details of eligibility for the Omicron hospitality and leisure grant and how to apply and the closing date for applications is 21 February.