Exhibiting at Alfred East Art Gallery
Our exhibition programme is decided by the gallery’s team up to 2 years in advance. Exhibitions are selected based on the extent they complement the gallery’s exhibition strategy.
The Alfred East Art Gallery is a showcase for established and emerging artists. We encourage proposals in all styles and media, which are of a calibre suitable for a regionally recognised arts venue. Proposals are considered on their individual artistic merit as well as their compatibility with other scheduled exhibitions.
The programming committee is keen that artists do not assume that certain exhibition proposals are not suitable for the Alfred East Art Gallery. We welcome all proposals which exhibit strong artistic integrity, regardless of style.
We ask that all exhibiting artists are available to host an informal tour, workshop or lecture of their exhibition on a Saturday during the second half of their exhibition. The purpose of this is to develop the relationship between artists, the gallery and its audience and increase awareness of current artistic practice. This is not required for artists exhibiting works in the craft cabinet.
Proposing an exhibition
Please visit our spaces before submitting any proposal. If this is not possible, dimensions of the space are available on request.
Submit your exhibition proposal, portfolio and cv for consideration by our Programming Committee by emailing [email protected].
Alternatively, write to:
Kettering Museum and Art Gallery
North Northamptonshire Council
Bowling Green Road
You should include a stamped addressed envelope for the return of your portfolio. If you require your portfolio to be returned by a particular date, please specify this in your covering letter.
Your proposal should identify and provide a rationale for the exhibition concept or theme. So that we can gain as much relevant information about you and your practice, please include a:
- letter introducing yourself, including your contact details
- statement about your work and your practice
- up-to-date curriculum vitae and biography
- description of what you propose for the Alfred East Art Gallery
- brief summary of your proposed exhibition for publicity purposes (maximum 100 words). This is not required for exhibiting in the craft cabinet
- minimum of ten clearly labelled examples of work in the form of printed images, digital images or on a DVD. Include and a list of these works with title, date, media, and dimensions or duration
- list of prices, taking the commission and VAT into consideration
Deciding who to exhibit
We receive lots of requests to exhibit work. To give full consideration to submissions, we present proposals to our committee every 6 months.
Please allow 6 months for a decision on your submission.
Last updated 25 April 2023