Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Organising events and road closures

If you are planning to host an event to celebrate the Coronation, we recommended:

  • Register your event with our Event Safety Partnership (ESP) and complete an event management plan so the Police are aware and our team can assess your plans and help with any licensing issues
  • If planning to hold a street party, make sure you speak to your neighbours - not everyone may want to be involved
  • For events in public places, make sure you have permission from the landowner
  • Consider whether you need insurance cover
  • Make sure you have suitable signage, especially if arranging a road closure
  • Ensure you have access points for emergency services

Make sure you add your event to the official event map.

Road closures

If holding a street party, it is advised that a physical barrier is used at each end of the closure to indicate the closure to approaching drivers. Your local school or community centre may have cones or barriers you can borrow, or you can hire some from local companies.

It is advised that 'Road Closed' and 'Road Ahead Closed' signs are used at the barrier and on the approach to warn drivers, etc.

Applications for Coronation road closures should be made by Monday 27 March 2023. There is no charge for Coronation commemoration road closures from 6 to 8 May 2023.

Food safety

Whether you are attending a community party or hosting one of your own, it is important to be aware of food safety and hygiene. The Food Standards Agency provides useful guidance, practical tips and advice on best practice so that everyone can trust the food they’re eating.

Last updated 13 March 2023