Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Regularisation application

Unauthorised building works may look great, but can hide problems and defects causing long-term property damage, higher energy bills and unsafe conditions. The risks caused may invalidate home insurance policies and impact property sales.

If work has started or been carried out without a building regulation application, a regularisation application can be made. We’ll work with you to achieve compliance and if we’re satisfied that the work meets building regulations, we’ll issue a regularisation certificate.  

We may request plans, structural calculations and other additional information to help us assess the work.

If works have been covered over, you may be asked to open-up certain areas to demonstrate compliance - we'll let you know if this is the case and any opening-up will be kept to a minimum.

We are unable to regularise works which were undertaken before 11 November 1985.

Area the building or premises is located:

If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of West Northamptonshire.

Last updated 21 April 2022