Contact adult social care
For general enquiries about adult social services, call us on 0300 126 3000. Our lines are open, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. We are closed on bank holidays.
Emergency support out of hours
If you need to contact adult social services urgently during the evening, at night or the weekend, call our emergency duty team on 01604 626 938.
Problems the out-of-hours team deal with include:
- older people who are at risk or who need immediate help
- concerns about a person with a physical or a sensory disability
- support in coping with someone who has severe learning difficulties or mental health problems
- mental health act assessments
- acting as an appropriate adult for vulnerable adults
An operator will answer the phone and take details of the problem and your contact details. They will then pass this information over to the duty social worker.
The duty social worker will contact you and give you advice and guidance over the phone on how to deal with the problem, or they may:
- recommend that you contact another more appropriate agency and give you their contact details
- refer the matter to another social services team the next working day
- visit you or the person with the problem
Last updated 15 November 2022